This delicious breakfast classic from the Middle East tastes even richer with Mini Fury Hot Sauce.
- 500 ml can chopped tomatoes
- 3 tbsp Mini Fury Hot Sauce
- 1 red pepper
- 4 eggs
- 100 g feta
- 1/4 bunch flat parsley
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 pitta bread
- 1 tsp sumac
- Bake the pitta bread according to packaging instructions. Cut the pitta in quarters.
- Cut the pepper in half lengthways, remove the seeds and slice the pepper. Crumble the feta. Chop the parsley.
- Heat the olive oil in a large, non-stick frying pan, add the peppers and fry for 2 minutes. Add the chopped tomatoes and Mini Fury Hot Sauce and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- With a spoon make four indentations in the tomato sauce and gently crack an egg into each one. Cover with a lid and cook over a gentle heat for 4-5 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- Garnish with the feta, parsley and sumac. Serve the shakshuka with the pitta bread. Serves 4.
Mini Fury – 180ml
Out of stock